Why have a skin test?
In our salon we take your safety extremely seriously as always. (All reputable salons and beauticians should be following the same protocol.)
This is why we ask all of our guests to have a skin test and or ask you allergy alert questions within a 6 month period
This time around we have been asked by our insurers to ask all guests for a new skin test.
We will also be asking some of these key points:
- Are you under 16?
- You can develop a skin reaction at any point in your life and even if you have been colouring your hair for years. So we will ask your history.
- A change in your medical history can alert us to a change (this includes having covid -asymptomatic too-or the covid vaccine)
- A change in colour shade
- A change in hair brand (coloured hair at home)
- A reaction to a tattoo, henna or spmu or had anything done since last appointment.
- Allergic reaction to anything including colour
- Do you have a sensitive, irritated or damaged scalp?
- Are you new to our salon?
We have a duty of care to you. Please let us look after you.
I know it can be a pain, but it could potentially save your life. Skin tests take a matter of minutes. It is a small amount of colour placed behind your ear for 48 hours. All we ask is you take note of any kind of reaction you may have. This can include redness, swelling, itching and in extreme cases trouble breathing. Obviously if any of the above were to happen you would need to seek medical advice and let us know so that we can tell the manufacturers of a reaction.
We will not be able to proceed with the colour. I hope this has cleared up a few points.
Lots of love Becky and the girls at F&G x