At Fred and Ginger Hair and Beauty, we take our privacy seriously. At any time, you may request a copy of information we have recorded about you and you may also request we remove all identifiable information with respect to yourself. As a matter of course, we will delete your identifiable information if you have not undertaken business with us after 6 years.
For transparency this is how we hold your information.
Hair and beauty related services
- At Fred and Ginger Hair and Beauty we request the minimum level of personally identifying information to run our business effectively. This is data you provide us directly, for example, your name and contact details.
- At Fred and Ginger Hair and Beauty, we store notes with respect to services we undertake to ensure we maintain and exceed our level of service. For example, your preferred hair style, colour formula codes, how you like your coffee and who your favourite stylists are.
- At Fred and Ginger Hair and Beauty, we consider you have provided consent for us to store personally identifying information and information about your services based on your receiving services from us.
- Depending on the particular service/s we are providing we may be required to ask questions related to your medical history. We will obtain your consent prior to storing information related to your medical history. Examples of medical data may be allergies, pregnancy or an injury that may impact our service.
How to contact us
Sometimes we take pictures for our social media platforms, website and leaflets. We will always seek permission. These are held on a secure salon phone and then deleted once uploaded. Please note: these pictures have no expiry date.
Please contact us if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us at:
Fred & Ginger Hair and Beauty Ltd
5 Bull Plain, Hertford
Herts SG14 1DX
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Find out on their website how to report a concern:
Appointment confirmations and reminders
At Fred and Ginger Hair and Beauty , we will contact you via phone, email or SMS to confirm appointments made and remind you of upcoming appointments. We consider you having made the appointment as consent to undertake this activity but, if you choose, you may opt out at any time.
Appointment ratings and reviews
After visiting our salon Fred and Ginger Hair and Beauty, we may send you an email or SMS asking you to rate our services and provide feedback. We consider you having received services as consent to undertake this activity but, if you choose, you may opt out at any time.
In our salon Fred and Ginger Hair and Beauty, we consider becoming a member of our loyalty program as consent to send you emails related to the loyalty program but, if you choose, you may opt out at any time.
At Fred and Ginger Hair and Beauty, will not undertake phone, mail, email or SMS marketing without you first providing consent for us to do so. Our marketing campaigns are automated and use rules based on services and products purchased and information we collect from you. For example, we may send marketing campaigns related to your birthday, the fact we miss you (you have not visited for 3 months) and other special days like Valentine’s Day and Christmas. You may opt out of receiving marketing material at any time.
Data processors and data locations
At Fred and Ginger Hair and Beauty, we use numerous leading software solutions within our business to provide the services listed above. These software solutions act as data processors and store and process data in numerous locations outside our business premise. For a list of data processors and data storage locations please visit; Saloniq
Contact and complaints
You may contact the salon to:
- Request information we have stored about you.
- Request we remove all identifying information about you.
Recording customer details – how we use your information
Your information will always be stored and used in compliance with the relevant data protection legislation.
By law, you have a number of rights as a data subject, such as the right to be informed, the right to access information held about you and the right to rectification of any inaccurate data that we hold about you.
You have the right to request that we erase personal data about you that we hold (although this is not an absolute right).
You have the right to request that we restrict processing of personal data about you that we hold in certain circumstances.
You have the right to object to processing of personal data about you on grounds relating to your particular situation (also again this right is not absolute).
If you are unhappy or wish to complain about how your information is used, you should contact a member of staff in the first instance to resolve your issue.
If you are still not satisfied, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Their website address is www.ico.org.uk or to Becky Ridley-Ayers data protection officer at email@example.com
Changes to our privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this webpage. This privacy notice was last updated on 2.8.22.