At Fred and Ginger, we take our privacy seriously. At any time, you may request a copy of information we have recorded about you and you may also request we remove all identifiable information with respect to yourself. As a matter of course, we will delete your identifiable information if you have not undertaken business with us after 2 years.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we hold your name, telephone number and email address so that if we are contacted by a member of NHS track and trace team we will give these details if you have been on our premises in the last 21 days. We will not give these details out without having been assured that it is that team that is requiring the information.
Whilst the provision of data cannot be mandated, you are strongly advised that it is in the best interests of all to provide this information to us so we are able to take relevant steps to keep you and others safe.
The information will be managed in a confidential manner and all information will be held securely and processed on a ‘need to know’ basis by only a limited number of people. If there is a need to disclose outside of this, the minimal amount of personal data will be used.
Where COVID-19 related information is to be used for general reporting or statistics, steps will be taken to anonymise the data and general numbers used, wherever possible.
We will only keep your information for as long as it is necessary, taking into account Government advice and the on-going risk presented by Coronavirus.
Health information provided by you in relation to this outbreak of Coronavirus will not be used for any other purpose.
For transparency, listed are the business services we provide and how each service uses the information we collect.
Hair and beauty related services
- At Fred and Ginger, We request the minimum level of personally identifying information to run our business effectively. This is data you provide us directly, for example, your name and contact details.
- At Fred and Ginger ,We store notes with respect to services we undertake to ensure we maintain and exceed our level of service. For example, your preferred hair style, colour formula codes, how you like your coffee and who your favourite stylists are.
- At Fred and Ginger ,We consider you have provided consent for us to store personally identifying information and information about your services based on your receiving services from us.
- Depending on the particular service/s we are providing we may be required to ask questions related to your medical history. We will obtain your consent prior to storing information related to your medical history. Examples of medical data may be allergies, pregnancy or an injury that may impact our service.
Appointment confirmations and reminders
At Fred and Ginger, we will contact you via phone, email or SMS to confirm appointments made and remind you of upcoming appointments. We consider your having made the appointment as consent to undertake this activity but, if you choose, you may opt out at any time.
Appointment ratings and reviews
After visiting our salon Fred and Ginger, we may send you an email or SMS asking you to rate our services and provide feedback. We consider your having received services as consent to undertake this activity but, if you choose, you may opt out at any time.
In our salon Fred and Ginger, we consider becoming a member of our loyalty program as consent to send you emails related to the loyalty program but, if you choose, you may opt out at any time.
At Fred and Ginger, will not undertake phone, mail, email or SMS marketing without you first providing consent for us to do so. Our marketing campaigns are automated and use rules based on services and products purchased and information we collect from you. For example, we may send marketing campaigns related to your birthday, the fact we miss you (you have not visited for 3 months) and other special days like Valentine’s Day and Christmas. You may opt out of receiving marketing material at any time.
Data processors and data locations
At Fred and Ginger, we use numerous leading software solutions within our business to provide the services listed above. These software solutions act as data processors and store and process data in numerous locations outside our business premise. For a list of data processors and data storage locations please visit: www.shortcuts.com.au/datastoragestatement.
Contact and complaints
You may contact the salon to:
- Request information we have stored about you.
- Request we remove all identifying information about you.